Get involved – A lot of people want to know how they can get involved and make a difference in their own way and at a time that fits with their busy lives.
- Some people find it rewarding to be able to donate money to a good cause and see their money make a difference to the lives of people with cancer.
- Some people seek other ways to contribute or give back and in doing so make a difference in their own unique way
What is a Cancer Care Friend?
Every person is unique and has their own special talents and skills.
It might be that you have experienced cancer in your own lives or a member of one of your family/friends and you would like to give back.
It might be that you have skills or contacts in certain areas that you feel could benefit your local cancer centre. For example things like:
- fundraising skills or a eagerness to give it a try
- business / management / organisational / IT skills
- artistic flair
- member of a local club or business that wants to support their local cancer centre
- or you may just be an ordinary person that wants to volunteer their time in some way.
** A Driving Force for Cancer Fundraising **
Some special Wisemans Ferry residents have been a driving force for fundraising for the CPMCC Westmead since 1994. In memory of a dear friend Alan William Fullbrook, money is raised throughout the year by hosting a few events (like golf days and family fun days) which have now become part of the yearly calendar line-up for local residents.
To date, this amazing group of caring people have raised $36,893 for cancer patients at the Crown Princess Mary Cancer Centre Westmead and we just love them for it!
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of then please get in touch with us!
You can email us on: SWCN@swahs.health.nsw.gov.au