Accommodation options available to our patients receiving treatment at any of our facilities in the Sydney West Cancer Network
The following list of accommodation options has been compiled to assist families who require treatment at one of our facilities. These accommodation options are in close proximity to our hospitals. It is recommended that families discuss proximity to the hospital and public transport options if required.
Accommodation options for patients of the Sydney West Cancer Network
Please confirm all prices directly with the accommodation prior to booking.
Westmead Hospital Overnight Rooms
- Rooms will accommodate two on single beds
- Ensuite bathroom facilities
- Linen and towels provided
- Rooms are available via negotiation with ward staff
- $46 per room per night (+$50 key bond which is refunded)
- Availability of rooms is not guaranteed, and rooms cannot be secured prior to arrival.
Casuarina Lodge Westmead Hospital
- Located on the grounds of the hospital
- Priority given to patients receiving cancer treatment
- 28 comfortable twin rooms.
Each room contains:
- 2 single beds
- Chest of drawers
- All linen provided
* Lounge areas, kitchens and bathrooms are shared facilities for all guests.
- $43 per single room per night
- $60 per night per couple
- For rural clients IPTAAS do refund after 2 nights
How to book: Office hours – 8:00am – 4:00pm Mon - Fri
- You MUST have a confirmed booking for treatment before requesting accommodation.
- Preference is given to cancer patients and their families; however other families can be accommodated if there are rooms available.
Click following link to view more information: Casuarina Lodge Guest Information Brochure_October 2013
Chisholm Cottage Westmead
Chisholm Cottage is owned by the Catholic Women's League and operated by the sisters of Charity Outreach.The cottage aims to provide a relaxed and homelike atmosphere.
- Twin share rooms
- Bed linen and towels are provided
- Shared cooking facilities, tea/coffee facilities
- Shared bathrooms
- Shared dining room / lounge room with TV
- Washing machine / dryer / ironing facilities
- $30 per bed per night (adult) $210.00 per week
- $10 per bed per night (child under 16 years)
- $10 Per cot per night (baby)
- $70 family rate (3+ per room per night) $490.00 per week.
Email Reservation: email@example.com
- Located opposite the hospital
- There are 59 air-conditioned rooms
- Ground floor rooms available
- Tea/coffee making facilities
- Coin operated guest laundry
- Restaurant on site with room service meals available
- Nearby restaurants/cafes and eateries
- Short walk to railway station
Please quote and request hospital rate
UWS Village Parramatta
- 10 min bus ride to Parramatta CBD
- All apartments are modern and fully furnished.
- Linen provided
- Swimming pool & BBQ area
- Coin operated laundry
- Restaurants and cafe walking distance from village.
- Apartment & common areas are only accessibly by electronic swipe card.
- Evening duty manager and night-time security patrols.
- Children welcome to stay but no additional facilities are provided for children.
- From $65.00 per person/per night
- Stay 7 nights pay for 6 nights
The Leukaemia Foundation Patient and Family Accommodation Complex
Providing six two bedroom, fully self-contained apartments, including one with disabled access, they have everything needed to truly be a 'home away from home' for families from regional areas.
Each apartment includes a fully-equipped kitchen, bathroom and lounge. Outside there is a shared children's playground and a growing book and music library. Care is also at hand here from Leukaemia Foundation staff based nearby.
Enquiries: freecall 1800 620 420.
The Playhouse Northmead
The Cancer & Bowel Research Trust provides this accommodation, with priority given to cancer patients attending Westmead Hospital or Westmead Children's Hospital.
- Two bedrooms
- Two bathrooms
- Air conditioning
- Open living and dining
- Fully equipped kitchen
- The Playhouse can accommodate up to 4 people comfortably
- Only 500 metres from the oncology department of the Westmead Hospital.
- The Playhouse has been especially designed to accommodate persons suffering from cancer who require a tiled, isolated environment during treatment to reduce the chance of infection.
- $46.00 per night - to be paid in full prior to stay
- You will need to visit the website to download a booking form and to read the terms and conditions.
Hotel Formula 1
Office Hours: Open 7:00am to 22:00 pm (except between 10:00am to 12:00noon when Reception is unattended)
Check-In: Arrivals from 12:00noon
Standard Rooms sleep a maximum of 3 People including children and babies. We also have 1 Family Room available, which sleeps a maximum of 4 People including children and babies, at an additional fee but MUST be booked directly with the Hotel on (02) 9769 -1240 and is strictly subject to availability.
- Air conditioning
- After hours automated check-in
- Daily maid service
- Ensuite Bathroom / Shower
- Car Rental on Request
- High Speed Wireless Internet
- Facilities for disabled persons
- Non smoking rooms
- Onsite complimentary car parking
- Continental Breakfast is available daily at the Hotel from 7am to last seating 9:15am
- Food outlets and service club nearby
- 2 rooms for disabled
A discount may be available for relatives of patients of Westmead Hospital if stated when booking. $10.00 discount if booked online.
- Standard Queen size bed $79.00
- Standard King Size bed $84.00
- Family room, can sleep up to six $109.00 (queen bed, set of bunk beds and lounge opens to double)
Mayflower Retirement Village Units 20 & 31 Caroline St, Westmead
Two one bedroom furnished units available for rent for $400 per week, and very young children may also stay there.
With IPTAAS that is a very small gap- however bulk billing is not available.
Contact Telephone: 9891 3755
Accommodation options for patients of the Nepean Cancer Care Centre
Hope Cottage Accommodation
Hope Cottage offers accommodation for cancer/haematology patients who have difficulty getting to the Centre for chemotherapy and/or radiotherapy treatment.
For further information contact the Centre's social workers on the above listed number.