Westmead Hospital has an active lung cancer multi-disciplinary service for diagnosis of lung lesions suspicious for malignancy, and the comprehensive treatment and management of lung cancer, including supportive and palliative care.
- Respiratory Physician
- Radiation Oncologists
- Medical Oncologist
- Cardiothoracic Surgeon
- Lung Cancer Nurse
- Social Worker
- Palliative Care Physicians
- Nuclear Medicine Physicians
Patients can be referred to this service either through a Respiratory Physician in their rooms, or through a Medical Oncologist or Radiation Oncologist at The Crown Princess Mary Cancer Centre.
Westmead Hospital Lung Cancer Clinics
Located at: The Crown Princess Mary Cancer Centre (CPMCC), Level 1, Westmead Hospital, Hawkesbury Road, Westmead
Operates: Monday to Thursday, 8.30 am to 4.30 pm
- Known or biopsy-proven lung cancer or other thoracic tumour
- Other abnormalities will be considered on a case by case basis
- WSLHD boundaries, although out of area referrals for clinical trials will be considered
- Undifferentiated pulmonary nodules or other lung disease
To refer, send referral information via fax (02) 8890‑8567.
- Suspicious lesions should be referred urgently for review.
- Any medical practitioner can refer appropriate patients.
- A referral letter can be faxed to the CPMCC and must include a named doctor and the referrer’s provider number
- A letter will be sent to the patient with a date and time for the appointment.
- If a patient fails to attend a scheduled appointment, the referral will be returned to the referring practitioner.
- Referrals may be returned if deemed inappropriate for the service.
- Patients must bring relevant X-rays, imaging, scans, and investigation results.
- It is the referring clinician’s responsibility to check with the patient that they have received an appointment, or an alternate referral has been made
For more information, phone the Thoracic Oncology CNC on 0408‑254‑181.
Westmead Lung Cancer MDT Program Canrefer listing
This information is taken from Western Sydney HealthPathways website where available.